Monday, December 1, 2008

hurry up and wait

I am writing this from my blackberry so I apologize in advance for any typos. Aiden continues to be in great spirits! We had some trouble with his central line not working so had to skip apharesis yesterday. Its back up and running now and he had apharesis earlier today and is now receiving 12 hours of dialysis to try to get his BUN and potassium levels back down. They will most likely be moving is out of ICU and to the regular pediatric floor tomorrow since they can do dialysis and apharesis both from there. We will miss our icu nurses!! Still no results back from Iowa and no idea as to when we may be able to come home. David is back home until Friday to work.its a bummer without daddy here with us. Some of you have asked for the address to send things for Aiden. Here it is:

Medical city children's hospital
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas,TX 75230

Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. We love getting messages from y'all!

Love,
Christy, david and the toot!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy -
You and Aiden are in my thoughts and prayers! YAY to being moved out of the ICU - that is great news. I do know what you mean about missing the nurses though...we had some great PICU nurses and you get so attached :) I hope you get the results soon!

Karen, Jack and Joey

NinjaMom said...

You rock. You are the strongest person I know. We miss you and wish you all a speedy recovery. We heart you.

Anonymous said...

Hey sugar...just letting you know that we are here and that our thoughts, prayers and love are on overdrive...your doing a great job...the hardest job there is...keep it up...we love you...amandabear...and family

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad ya'll got to move out of ICU. Hopefully you'll both feel a little more comfy in a regular room. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't pray for ya'll. I wish you were closer, but I know you are getting the best care for Toot where you are. We'll get back up there as soon as we can. Trenton got a Polar Express bell for Aiden. I'll see if we can't get it in the mail for him. It might keep him busy for at least five minutes and drive you crazy in at least two seconds...that's what Aunties are for! I love you both so much, call or text if you need me honey, I'll be there in a flash. Love you, Lou

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy - I am glad to hear Aiden is moving out of ICU - I keep praying for you guys everyday. MIss ya'll!
love, mandy w.

Anonymous said...

It's Jen (picesjen.) I had to cyber stalk your FB page to find out how your little sweety guy is doing. I am so sorry he is still in the ICU but glad to hear he is being moved to the ped floor. I am so sorry you guys are having to go through this again. I am sure it feels so good though to see him in such good spirits.

Anonymous said...

omg, i am so in the 18th century, i just realized i could leave you a note here! thought that would give you a laugh! love you, tina

Anonymous said...

Just now found out about everything that's been going on. We're praying for Aiden. Can't wait to see what the results are. God Bless~Tracy, Michael, Isaiah, and Priscilla

Design by Blogger Templates