Thursday, September 18, 2008

The perpetual student

....seriously, why did I decide to go back to school again? Oh yeah, so I didn't have to work crappy hours and to get paid more money. Right. Okay, that all makes good sense. Here's what makes no sense whatsoever. Why the heck do I need to take MUSIC APPRECIATION to be a Nurse Practitioner? And if I AM taking said, Music Appreciation and my instructor knows that 99.9% of us are not taking this class because we are MUSIC majors but because it meets our Arts requirement, then WHY does he take this class so seriously? I mean do I need to know what a time measure is and what a quarter note looks like to be good at Nursing? I think not. I thought the class would be listening to some music, identifying some pieces, learning about composers, blah blah...but I did not sign up to learn to read music or pick out a clarinet as the solo instrument in a concerto. BLAH! I can hear the do-gooders now...but Christy, this will make you a much more "well-rounded" individual. BLAH BLAH BLAH! :) Can you tell I don't care for Music Appreciation so far? Oh, and my US Gov teacher seems to have a bee in his bonnet. My other 3 classes are cake. Can't wait to get through the preliminaries and get back to my medical studies. I loved all of my classes in nursing school! Who'da thought that medicine would end up being my passion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww sorry you hate your MA class so much. It totally sounds like something I would love but I would totally hate to have to take a class on something that I didn't.

As for your comment on my blog, sadly I DO think it's gone. The rolemodels these girls are given are people like Paris Hilton, Nicole Richy and the Olsen Twins. Girls who are body-obsessed and vapid and maybe they have brains but that isn't the part that they show to the public. It's their va-jay-jays. Girl, I have a dd going into her teens very soon and I'm wondering WHAT HAPPENED?!

Design by Blogger Templates